Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Joy in the Present - Tuesday Morning Sketches #775

Hey there, friends!

Thanks for stopping by Paper Play.  Today's post is about the card that I created for this week's Tuesday Morning Sketches share.  This was an interesting sketch and, I have to admit, I struggled with it a little bit.  It's not a typical card layout that I would create.

I started my design by finding a patterned paper in my stash that I wanted to work with for the two columns in the front of the card.  I think the floral design on this paper is gorgeous and settled on using it.  I wanted to incorporate some texture into the card and thought that some burlap would pair well with the paper.

I didn't want a background that was too plain; and yet, I didn't want to use a patterned paper that would look too busy with the floral print.  I looked through my stash and found this white polka dot paper and thought it would work well.  It's actually a bag that I received from a shop!  I thought it was cute and figured that I would use it some day.  I'm glad that I did!

I used the deckle edge blade on my paper trimmer to add a little something extra to the overall look.  I also added some slight grunge around the edges using Distress Tea Dye ink, and added 5 pearl gems.

Here's my card and the sketch that it's based on.





I hope that you enjoy this design.  Thanks for reading and, until next time, be well!

1 comment:

  1. It is gorgeous. That flower paper is very pretty. I like it paired with the burlap

    ReplyDelete

Joy in the Present - Tuesday Morning Sketches #775

Hey there, friends! Thanks for stopping by Paper Play.  Today's post is about the card that I created for this week's Tuesday Mornin...