Welcome back to Paper Play. The theme of this post is vintage romance given that the month of February celebrates all aspects of love. Today's creation may be used as a card, a mini-junk journal, or simply as a gift book. The design is rather unique - but rather fun to make. It was inspired by the Romance Classic stamps from Blank Page Muse. I saw the images and immediately thought of the being displayed on thin wooden panels with a look similar to wood burning and coloring. They're then bound together with waxed thread and faux leather front & back covers.
Here's what I used to make it:
- Romance Classic Couples Line Art Rubber Stamp Sheet Set SC92
- Birds & Clocks Rubber Stamp Set for the embossed clock on the cover
- LOVE word art rubber stamp SC88-08
- Timeless with Floral Spray Word Art Rubber Stamp
- Everlasting Fancy E Art Word Rubber Stamp
- World Map Global View with Compass Art Rubber Stamp
- Brutus Monroe Gilded Embossing Powder
- Various Tim Holtz Distress Ink Sprays
- Tim Holtz Walnut Staun and Tea zdue Distress Inks
- Wooden rectangle plates
- Stamped each of the couple stamps onto the wood plates using the walnut stain ink.
- Using a paintbrush, brushed various spray stains onto each of the wooden plates.
- Stamped words onto wooden plates with walnut stain ink.
- Colored each of the images with colored pencils.
- Added some grunge to the wooden plates with tea dye ink.
- Created front and back covers with brown card stock, chipboard, and spray inks.
- Once dry, used Gilded embossing powder and heat set images onto front and back covers.
- Stamped sentiment onto inside of front cover using walnut stain ink.
- Using a Dremel tool, drilled holes onto left hand side of plates.
- Aligned front and back covers with wooden plates and punched binding holes into each.
- Sewed the wooden plates and covers together with waxed thread to bind them together.