Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Framed Vintage Love - TMS # 769

Hello, friends!

Welcome back to Paper Play!  Today’s post is about my entry into Tuesday Morning Sketches (TMS) challenge #769.  I just recently joined in on this challenge.  Each week a new card sketch is shared and then I create my own card based on that sketch.  This is somewhat new to me as I don’t use sketches when I create.  I’m more of a start playing with the items and see where my creativity takes me kind of person.

Here’s my card and the sketch for the week:



I created this using an A2 card base that was cut around the edges using the deckle edge blade of my paper trimmer.  For the card panel, I cut a piece of vintage styled paper down to 4.25”x5” using my deckle edge blade and then used a stencil and Tattered Rose Distress Oxide Ink.  My inspiration for the background was the look of old wallpaper, and I wanted it to be a light background that could be seen in more detail as the light reflects off of it.  Next, I cut a banner strip out of cardboard, cut a piece of patterned paper to fit it, and glued them together.  I decided where to place the sentiment and stamped it with a tan ink.  I adore vintage images like this one from Gecko Galz (https://www.etsy.com/shop/geckogalz), and created a heart frame using two nesting heart dies, cardboard, Distress Grit Paste, gold ink spray, and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink to adorn it.  Once dry, I attached the frame to the image with craft glue, cut off the remaining part of the image, glued down the banner, and then glued the heart in place.  Some pearl gems were then added as the final touch.

I love how this card turned out!  It’s full of vintage goodness and whimsy.  Here’s an up close view of it:


Thanks for spending some time with me today here on Paper Play.  Until next time . . . be well!

8 comments:

  1. Welcome to Tuesday Morning Sketches design team. Love the textured edges on your card. Great shading and coloring on the larger heart. You do vintage very well. It is something I struggle with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to have you on our team Walter - welcome!! What a fun ol'tyme style, it reminds me of a dear friend of mine...I should see if I still have some images from some she gave me - not black and whites but I think kind of that era. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card is simply stunning Walter! Absolutely perfect for anniversary card or just a nice way to tell someone special how you feel about them. I'm so excited you joined the TMS team. You're a new perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful vintage card!!
    Welcome to the team!!

    ReplyDelete

Always Together - Tuesday Morning Sketches #773

Hello, friends! Welcome back to Paper Play.  Today's card is my creation for this week's Tuesday Morning Sketches card sketch.  This...