Tuesday, August 20, 2024

A Sweet Hello - TMS # 770



Hello, friends!
 
Welcome back to Paper Play!  It's another Tuesday and that means another Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge.  Today’s post is about my entry into challenge #770. 

Here’s my card and the sketch for the week:
 
 

 

 I created this using a 6"x6"card base.  I started with a 6"x6" piece of Kraft cardstock and used a deckle edge square die to cut out the center to create a frame.  I applied Vintage Photo, Broken China, Rusty Hinge Distress Inks around the frame and then misted it with Altenew Antique Gold Ink Spay.  As the frame dried, I took a piece of paper from a Unity Stamps paper pack, stamped the greeting and image onto it with Scorched Timber Distress Oxide Ink, and then dabbed some Antique Linen Distress Ink onto the panel to add some grunge.  A gold gel ink pen was used to color the leaves of the branch in the image to help set them apart and add additional gold tones to the design.  I adhered the frame to the card panel using craft glue, and then adhered the panel onto the card base.  I selected four paper flowers from Prima that I thought would work well with the color palette and glued them to the four corners.  Two gems were glued down on either side of the flowers and a gold marker was used to add the lines connecting them.
 
This was a really fun card to design.  I love the magic that happens on paper when you mix inks and sprays to add texture.

  

I hope that you enjoyed reading about my creative process.  Thanks for spending some time with me here today.  Until next time . . . be well!

4 comments:

  1. I always love anything with pink & blue together - those silhouette birds are perfect and I like how added some gold touches to the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. There is so much to look at on your card. Love the gold touches, the deckle edges, the grunge touches, and those pretty flowers at the corners. I am not familiar with the gold spray but am going to check it out. I love the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool card Walter! I love the frame - at first I thought it was cork but now that I see it bigger, it looks like pounded and patina'd metal. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! What a great frame, and I love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete

A Peaceful Wish - Tuesday Morning Sketches #774

Hello, friends! Welcome back to Paper Play.  Today’s post is for Tuesday Morning Sketches #774.  The sketch used is the second pic below.  M...