Monday, May 20, 2024

BPM/IBFS Wild Berry Thanks

Hey there, crafty friends!

I hope the month of May is going well for you!  I had alluded in my prior post that the project for this post would be using a scrap from that card as the focal point.  I hate to see beautiful pieces of paper go to waste, especially if they are in good condition, and knew that I'd either: use the circular scrap from the berries background or end up keeping it in a bin of scraps.  So . . . let's put it to use!

The design that I had in mind was to use the circular scrap in the middle of a stamped version of the same image and align it so that it naturally fits in.  I'd frame it to add further dimension and end up with a really nice card.


Here's what I used to make it:

 Here's how I made it:

  • Stamped the Wild Berries background stamp onto a piece of vellum with black ink and colored in the berries with a blue alcohol marker.
  • Adhered the stamped & colored vellum to a piece of white card stock.
  • Added double sided foam tape to the Wild Berries circular scrap, aligned it with the stamped & colored image, and adhered it to the panel.
  • Adhered the panel to the A2 card base.
  • Cut an A2 sized frame from black card stock, colored over it with a metallic silver glitter marker, put double sided foam tape on the back of it, and adhered it to the card.
  • Colored a scrap piece of white paper with the metallic silver glitter marker, glued a sentiment onto it, and glued it down to my card.


 I loved that I was able to create a really pretty card and use so many scraps at the same time!  It was very easy to align the scrap with the stamped image, and the frame & use of foam tape really helps it stand out.

Thanks for spending some time with me here on the blog today.  I have some really fun projects planned for June and I look forward to sharing them with you!

Until next time . . . be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gecko Galz Annual Blog Hop

Hello Everyone! We want to welcome everyone to the Gecko Galz 14th Annual Blog Hop.   This is our Tricks and Treats Blog Hop!  We ha...