Monday, June 10, 2024

BPM/IBFS Rainbow Soul

Hi, friends!

It's June . . . which also means that it is LGBTQIA+ Pride Month.  As a gay person, it's important for me to celebrate Pride in remembrance of all of those who came before me in addition to those of us who make up this wonderfully diverse community today.  While I make a lot of vintage and traditional style cards, it's also fun for me to push the boundaries and create in styles that I don't always work with.  That's exactly what I did for today's share.  I wanted to make a pop art style card that has a message for everyone - whether gay or straight, male or female, liberal or conservative - and that message is to do what makes your soul feel good.  Embrace your uniqueness; love every ounce of yourself.  I titled it Rainbow Souls since the yes are the window to the soul.


Here's what I used to make it:

  • Large Eye Macro
  • Whatever is Good DREAMER Art Doll 1
  • Brutus Monroe Aqua Pigments - Creamy (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Violet) 
  • Distress Oxide Ink - Lost Shadow
  • Glitter Gel Pens - Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Violet
  • A2 white card base
  • Black card panel - 4" X 5.25"
  • White card panel - 3.75" X 5"

Here's how I made it:

  • Stamped the eye onto the white card panel with black ink; also stamped it onto making paper to create a mask.
  • Applied mask to eye; splattered Brutus Monroe Creamy Aqua Pigments around the eye and dried with a heat tool.
  • Removed the mask and colored the pupil with the glitter gel pens in a rainbow pattern; lightly blended Lost Shadow oxide ink over the image to soften the colors.
  • Stamped the sentiment with embossing ink, applied black embossing powder, and heat set it.
  • Adhered card panel to center of black card panel.
  • Adhered combined card panel to card base.
  • Applied three rhinestone gems with craft glue.

 


It's a simple but fun card with a really beautiful message.  Let's celebrate it every day!

Thanks for spending some time with me on Paper Play today.

Until next time . . . be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joy in the Present - Tuesday Morning Sketches #775

Hey there, friends! Thanks for stopping by Paper Play.  Today's post is about the card that I created for this week's Tuesday Mornin...