Wednesday, April 10, 2024

BPM/IBFS - Make a Wish

Welcome back to Paper Play!

You can probably tell from my creations that I'm a fan of the vintage style.  I'm an old soul - I remember my mother telling me that as a kid.  I love photos, postcards, and newspapers from bygone years.  I love the smell, the feel, and to think about what life must have been like for them.  That's what drew me to the Silhouettes #1 stamp set from I Brake for Stamps.  There are so many nostalgic images to stamp and tell a story with . . . so many possibilities.

The first stamp that I wanted to create with is the one featured on today's card.  It's the silhouette of a family standing by each other and looking forward.  There's a lot of love to be felt from them.  I envisioned them looking out at the stars in the night sky and making a wish.  Perhaps they're enjoying a warm summer night or waiting for some July 4th fireworks?  Either way, I feel a sense of closeness and happiness when I see them.

 



Here's what I used to make it:

Here's how I made it:

  • Started by blending the sky backdrop on a white card panel; began at bottom with pink, worked up to purple, and then blended the blue.
  • Stamped the image with black ink; stamped twirly leaf element in black on each side.
  • Used the vintage handwriting digital paper from Steampunk Romance to make the shadowbox frame; added some grunge to it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink
  • Attached the card panel to the back of the shadowbox frame with craft glue.
  • Distressed an A2 Kraft card panel with Vintage Photo Distress Ink; attached shadow box to front.
  • Used a fine tip gold metallic marker to add some stars into the sky.
  • Added the Make a Wish sentiment strip to the shadowbox frame.

 


 

It's such a simple, yet beautiful, card that is perfect for a birthday, an anniversary, or just to say I love you.

I hope that you enjoyed this post and learning more about why I chose to create with this stamp.

Until next time . . . be well!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sea of Dreams - Gecko Galz July 2024 Design Team Projects

Hello, friends! Today is my day to share my design team projects for Gecko Galz.  What comes to mind when you hear the phrase "Sea of D...