Saturday, April 20, 2024

BPM/IBFS - Life's Precious Things

Welcome back to Paper Play, crafting friends!

I'm really excited about this card that I'm sharing with you today.  It's another vintage themed card using the Silhouettes #1 stamp set from I Brake for Stamps.  I knew that I wanted to capture a nice town/village scene as soon as I saw the stamp of the photographer with the old camera.  I thought of him as being a photographer hired to capture the magic of a small town for a postcard.  There he stands, high up on the hill, focused down on the town below on a beautiful day.




Here's what I used to make it:

Here's how I made it:

  • Die cut the postage stamp card panel using the largest postage stamp die in the set; blended some white pigment ink around the edges.
  • Stamped the village at the bottom of the panel using Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
  • Created a mask for the village using masking paper and adhered it to the village.
  • Ink blended the sky with Salty Ocean Distress Oxide Ink; added some clouds using white pigment ink.
  • Colored the village with alcohol markers and a white gel pen.
  • Spritzed the panel with Antique Linen Distress Spray Stain to add some age and grunge.
  • Adhered the sentiment ephemera to top center of panel.
  • Stamped the photographer with black ink, fussy cut it out, and adhered to the panel with double sided foam tape.
  • Adhered the card panel to an A2 Kraft card base that had grunge added to the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

 

 

I thought that the postage stamp shape would make a fun way to add a little something extra to the card.  This card looks like a quintessential New England town in the early 1900's.  Is it Massachusetts?  Vermont?  Perhaps New Hampshire?  It could be any of them!

Thanks for spending some time on the blog with me today.  What do you think of the card?  Do you like the vintage style?  I'd really enjoy hearing what you think!

Until next time . . . stay well!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AECP Level 3 - Runway Inspired Card Making

Hey there, crafting friends! Thanks for stopping by Paper Play today.  This post officially kicks off level 3 of AECP for me.  I have five c...