Wednesday, March 20, 2024

BPM/IBFS: A Vintage Dream

Welcome back to Paper Play, friends!

Do you enjoy Steampunk designs?  I find them fascinating and fun.  They combine my love for the vintage theme with elements of the fantasy and industrial themes.  I find it to be a fun way to tell a story using unconventional and, sometimes, abstract, items.  Blank Page Muse recently released a downloadable digital Steampunk kit designed by artist Pam Bray, and it includes lots of beautiful images, ephemera, and paper.  I used two of the papers from this kit to create this really fun encouragement card.


Here’s what I used to make it:

Here’s how I made it:
  • Cut a vintage paper sheet from the kit down to an A2 size panel and adjered it to the front of an A2 card base.
  • Cut a written text paper sheet and a patterned paper sheet crom the kit down to 3.75”X5”.
  • Used a deckle edge ruler to tear the patterned paper sheet in half on a diagonal.
  • Adhered the written text sheet to the card base with double sided tape, and then adhered the patterned paper to it with double sided tape.
  • Stamped the woman’s head onto a piece of white card stock several times; alternated the stamping between black ink and Vintage Photo Distress ink to achieve a more vintage look.
  • Fussy cut the woman’s head, applied double sided foam tape to the back of it, and adhered it to the card base.
  • Spread some gold mixed media paste across the top of the card and let it dry.
  • Stamped the word dream in black ink on the dried gold paste.
  • Adhered three pearl gems to the card.



I found this to be such a fun card to create!  This woman’s head stamp is so beautiful and full of detail, and I think that the combination of patterned papers behind it adds to the vintage feel.  The word dream goes so well with it as a sentiment, and this card could be used for so many different occasions.

I hope that you enjoyed reading about my inspiration for this card!  Until next time . . . be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AECP Level 3 - Runway Inspired Card Making

Hey there, crafting friends! Thanks for stopping by Paper Play today.  This post officially kicks off level 3 of AECP for me.  I have five c...