Wednesday, December 20, 2023

BPM/IBFS - Here We Come A-Caroling

Welcome back to Paper Play, friends!

It's hard to believe that Christmas Eve is only four days away.  The weeks leading up to the holiday just seem to fly by so fast.  I was able to squeeze in a viewing of A Christmas Carol, which is one of my favorite Christmas movies.  (Side note: I enjoy both the 1938 and 1951 versions, but prefer the 1938 one!)  It always helps put me into the Christmas spirit.  That's why I knew that I had to make a card with the stamp featured on today's card - Vintage Style Christmas Carolers.  It looks like they stepped right out of Victorian England!



Here's what I used to make it:

Here's how I made it:

  • Stamped the holly & berries stamp from the Beyond the Border set horizontally in alternating gold, evergreen, and cranberry rows onto a 4.5"x6.5" white card panel.
  • Cut an oval from the center of the stamped card panel using an oval die.
  • Ran gold ink along the inside of the oval and along the outside of the white panel.
  • Cut the Beautiful Christmas Tide paper to 4.5"x6.5", stamped the carolers onto it using black ink, stamped it again using clear embossing ink, then applied clear embossing powder to the stamped image, and set it with a heat tool.
  • Colored the stamped image with alcohol markers.
  • Applied some Antique Linen ink with a blending tool.
  • Placed double sided tape to the back of the card panel and adhered it on top of the sheet music paper.
  • Placed double sided tape onto back of card panel and adhered it to a 5"x7" green card base.
  • Stamped the words A Merry Christmas onto a strip of green card stock using gold ink, cut the strip to size, and adhered it to the inside of the oval with double sided tape.
  • Ran gold ink around the edges of the green card base.
  • Placed pearl stick on jewels in the corners of the white card panel


I really like this card.  It reminds me of A Christmas Carol and helps me feel the Christmas spirit.  I hope that you enjoyed today's post and wish you a wonderful holiday!

Until next time . . . be well!

1 comment:

  1. Loving the magnificent vintage look and your amazing colouring and design Walter x

    ReplyDelete

AECP Level 3 - Runway Inspired Card Making

Hey there, crafting friends! Thanks for stopping by Paper Play today.  This post officially kicks off level 3 of AECP for me.  I have five c...