Wednesday, January 10, 2024

BPM/IBFS: Sledding into the New Year


Happy 2024, friends!

Welcome back to Paper Play.  I hope that your 2024 is off to a wonderful start.  The new year is an opportunity for all of us to remember, reflect, start anew.  Today’s card celebrates that through the lens of childhood innocence and winter fun.  I hope we all sled into the new year with this in mind!


I fell in love with these vintage images as soon as I saw them on the Blank Page Muse website.  They reminded me of the hours I’d spend outside sledding as a kid.

Here’s what I used to make it:

Blank Page Muse Winter Wonderland Art Rubber Stamp Sheet Set https://blankpagemuse.com/products/winter-wonderland-art-rubber-stamp-sheet-set.html
Clear Embossing Ink
White Sparkle Embossing Powder
LawnFawn Yeti White Pigment Ink
Navy Blue Ink

Here’s how I made it:

Used a set of nesting rectangle dies to create a frame and then stamped the snowflake border on it using the white pigment ink.


Cut hills from white card stock, inked with clear embossing ink, sprinkled with white sparkle embossing powder, and set with a heat tool.
Adhered hills to card base with double sided foam tape.  Stamped Let it Snow and snowflakes onto card base with white pigment ink.
Adhered frame to card base with double sided foam tape.
Stamped the sledders onto white card stock with navy blue ink and fussy cut them out.



Adhered sledders to the hills with double sides tape.

Such a fun card to celebrate the new year.  I hope that you enjoyed reading about these beautiful stamps and my creative process.  I look forward to more time with each of you here on Paper Play in the coming weeks.

Until next be . . . be well!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and great to express your memories of your childhood, gorgeous stamping and lovely design ..xx

    ReplyDelete

BPM/IBFS - Stained Glass Flowers

Hi there, friends! Welcome back to Paper Play.  You know the old adage "April showers bring May flowers"?  Well, it's certainl...