Sunday, September 10, 2023

Blank Page Muse/I Brake for Stamps - Vintage Note

Hey there, friends!

Thanks for checking out this latest Paper Play post!  I've mentioned before that I have great affinity for vintage designs.  I have a lot of fun thinking about how to take stamps or dies and turn them into something that looks older and aged, and that's exactly what I did for my latest creative team design for Blank Page Muse/I Brake for Stamps.

Here's what I used to make this card:

  • Just Messy Floral Sheet from I Brake for Stamps
  • Handwriting stamp from Hero Arts Mix Textures Stamp Set
  • Spellbinders Deckled Edge Dies
  • Sizzix Embossing Ink
  • Ranger Vintage Pearl Embossing Powder
  • Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo
  • Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stains: Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet, Bundled Sage

Here's how I made it:

  • Brushed baking powder over a piece of ivory card static to prevent embossing powder from sticking to non-inked areas
  • Stamped the floral sheet stamp onto ivory card stock with embossing ink
  • Sprinkled embossing powder over stamped image, tapped away excess, and applied heat to it with heat tool
  • Colored the flowers with Tattered Rose spray ink with a small paintbrush, added darker shading using Victorian Velvet spray ink and a paintbrush, and finally colored the leaves with Bundled Sage spray ink and a paintbrush
  • Added light grunge over the stamped card panel with Antique Linen ink and an ink blending tool
  • Lightly sprayed Antique Linen spray stain over card panel
  • Cut the card panel using the deckled edge die
  • Applied Tea Dye ink around the edges of the card panel
  • Added grunge to an A2 sized kraft (tan) card base
  • Adhered card panel to base with double sided tape
  • Stamped separate rose with vintage photo ink and colored as described above for the card panel; fussy cut it out
  • Stamped the sentiment with Vintage Photo ink, added grunge with Tea Dye ink and Antique Linen spray stain; let it dry and then cut out with deckled edge die
  • Glued rose to card
  • Stamped light background writing onto card panel using Tea Dye ink
  • Adhered sentiment to card using double sided foam tape

I love the look of the embossed colored roses against the ivory card stock, grunge, and separate rose.


And the light writing adds just a little bit of additional interesting detail.


This card is so versatile and can be used as a thank you, to say hello, or even for a birthday.  You may stamp whatever sentiment on the inside to use it as you'd like.

Want to save 15% off your purchase at Blank Page Muse or I Brake for Stamps?  Use my discount code, BPMWalter, to save!

Thanks for spending some time with me on Paper Play.  Until next time . . . be well!

1 comment:

  1. Walter this is amazing so love the gorgeous way you made this divine card xx

    ReplyDelete

AECP Level 3 - Runway Inspired Card Making

Hey there, crafting friends! Thanks for stopping by Paper Play today.  This post officially kicks off level 3 of AECP for me.  I have five c...