Monday, September 4, 2023

AECP Level 2 - Impressive Heat Embossing

Hey there, crafty friends!

Thanks for coming back to Paper Play.  I’m trying something a little different today and am doing a hybid blog & vlog post!  I’ve been experimenting with video and have been posting some on TikTok and some on YouTube.  I thought this course would be a good one to try it out.

Heat embossing is something that I’ve really only used in the past for sentiments or stamp outlines.  This course, Impressive Heat Embossing, opened my mind to trying out some new techniques.  I’m now more comfortable with it and will be building upon this foundation to continue down the road with heat embossing.


The card that I made for this class focused on embossing multiple components of the card - the image outline, the leaves, and a portion of the flowers.  The end result is a beautiful card full of turqoise, gold, and black.

Here’s what I used to make the card:

  • Altenew Build A Garden: Dear Dahlias Outline Stamp and Die Set
  • Altenew Turqoise Crisp Dye Ink
  • Altenew Forrest Glades Artist Marker
  • Altenew Antique Gold Metallic Ink Spray
  • Sizzix Clear Embossing Ink
  • Ranger Tim Holtz Embossing Ink Pen
  • Ranger Black and Turqoise Antiquities Embossing Powders
  • Brutus Monroe Gilded Embossing Powder
  • Sakura Glaze Black Gel Pen
  • Clear Drip Drops
You may find a tutorial on how I made the card on my YouTube channel.

Summary of steps completed to make the card:
  • Stamped dahlia outline stamp onto cream card stock with embossing ink
  • Applied black embossing powder and heat set it
  • Used the embossing ink pen to color in the leaves with ink; applied gold/gilded embossing powder and heat set
  • Used the embossing ink pen to color parts of the dahlias with ink; applied turqoise embossing powder and heat set
  • Watercolored the rest of the dahlias with turqoise ink, water, and a fine detail paint brush
  • Colored the flower stems with Forrest Glades marker
  • Stamped sentiment in black ink at bottom of 4”x6” cream card panel; splattered gold metallic ink spray onto panel
  • Cut out the flowers with coordinating die and adhered to the cream card panel using double sided foam tape
  • Ran gold ink around edges of cream card panel and adhered to 5”x7” black card base using double sided tape
  • Applied three clear drip drops using craft glue



The gold embossing powder gives the leaves an even more interesting look than just coloring them, and the turqouise embossing powder brings the flowers to life!  The sparkle on the dahlias is really pretty and adds such a nice detail to them.

I hope that you enjoyed this post, the video, and my creation.  Let me know what you think!  Would you like to see more video content to accompany the posts?

Thanks for spending some time with me today.  Until next time . . . be well!

2 comments:

  1. Walter I love to heat emboss it's amazing what results occur once you coloured your stamp, this is sensational xx

    ReplyDelete

AECP Level 3 - Creative Coloring with Erum: Advanced Techniques

Hi there, my crafty friends! Welcome back to Paper Play.  Today’s post is focused on coloring and the AECP Level 3 course that I just finish...