Saturday, July 20, 2024

BPM/IBFS - A Sequined Background!

Hi, friends!

I hope that everyone is having a great summer!  Mine has been great so far.  I've been able to enjoy some time off while also keeping up with my crafting time.  Speaking of summer, today's card is a celebration of it featuring another one of the Rick St. Dennis bear stamps.  Who doesn't love spending some time at the beach?  A little fun in the sun is good for the soul - even if you're a bear!  My inspiration for the card was a picture of the bear on the beach being given to say hello to a friend.  What sets this card apart from others is that the card panel background is completely made up of sequins.  It was the first time that I've tried this and I am really happy with the results.  What do you think?


Here's what I used to create it:

 Here's how I made it:

  • Adhered turquoise card panel to card base with double sided tape and stamped the sentiment at the top.
  • Stamped the bear onto the smaller white card panel and colored it with alcohol markers, pastel gel pens, and glitter gels pens.
  • Starting at the bottom of the card, glued sequins down to the card base and worked my way up to the top: used cream, brown, and gold sequins for the sand and rocks; turquoise sequins for the ocean; light blue sequins for the sky; silver sequins for a couple of clouds; and yellow sequins for the sun.
  • Adhered the smaller panel to the card; angled the smaller panel to give it a more relaxed, whimsical feel.


I love how the sequined backgrounds almost mimics a mosaic type of look!  It's also nice that some of them are a little more flat and others are a little more shiny to break it up.  I am definitely going to try this technique again!

That's it for this post.  I hope that you continue to enjoy your summer.

Until next time . . . be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dandelion Wishes - Tuesday Morning Sketches #772

Today’s card for Tuesday Morning Sketches is a simple reminder to keep dreaming and stay true to yourself.  As kids, we would pick a dandeli...