Saturday, May 11, 2024

Gecko Galz May 2024 Gothic Challenge



Hello, friends!

Thanks for coming back to Paper Play.  This post is my submission to the May 2024 Gecko Galz Gothic Challenge.  I had to create something featuring this stunning image of a young woman sitting amongst a bunch of skulls.  My vision for this is that this young woman was in Paris and visited the Catacombs to spend time with her deceased loved ones.  She missed them dearly and her visits were the only thing that provided her comfort.  As the sentiment reads, “ There is no beauty without some strangeness.”

I made the brick archways and wall with a mould and foam clay.  After drying, I colored them with inks.  I mounted the picture behind an arch using double sided foam tape, adhered foam tape to the remainder of the back of the wall, and stuck it down to a 5”x7” black card base.  I adorned it with some black lace ribbon at the top and bottom, added paper flowers and gems into the other arch, added a foam skull (previously made with foam clay and a mould), the gold plaque (made of paper), and the sentiment.





I hope that you enjoy it!  Please be sure to let me know what you think of it in the comments.

Until next time . . . be well!


3 comments:

  1. Great project and mix of textures and really like the back story on it too. have a great rest of the weekend Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

BPM/IBFS - Dream, Inspire, Grow

Hello, friends! Thanks for stopping by Paper Play today.  My first card for June was all about self love and doing what is good for your sou...