Monday, November 20, 2023

BPM/IBFS: Vintage Santa, Two Ways

Happy Holidays, friends!

As the old song goes, “it’s the most wonderful time of the year!”  Making Christmas cards, creating Christmas ornaments, and any other type of holiday crafting is the creative time that I enjoy the most.  I think that’s because of all the wonderful holiday memories with my family.  I often think of those memories as I sit and create.  Just add some Christmas tunes and I am in my zen!

Today’s share is a double feature using the same stamp - a nostalgic vintage Samta Clause.  I wanted to make a traditional card and also something that could be both a decoration and a card . . . so I made both!

Project 1


My first creation was this traditional Christmas card featuring the vintage Santa framed by colorful rows of stamped Christmas trees.  There is a lot of dimension in this card, and I love the vintage look and feel of it.

Here’s what I used to make it:

Here’s how I made it:
  • Stamp alternating Cranberry and Evergreen rows of Christmas trees onto a 4”x6” cream card panel


  • Use a diamond shaped die and cut a diamond in the middle of the card panel

  • On a 4”x6” green card panel, take a nested diamond die that is two sizes smaller than the one just used in step above and cut a diamond in the middle of the panel
  • Put a 4”x6” cream card panel behind the green card panel and stamp the vintage Santa image in cranberry onto the cream card panel
  • Adhere green card panel to panel with stamped Santa image with double sided foam tape

  • Adhere panel with stamped Christmas trees to green panel with double sided foam tape
  • Adhere completed card panel to 5”x7” red card base; may use double sided foam tape or double sided tape, depending on how much dimension you would like
  • Stamp the word Christmas onto scrap piece of cream card stock with Wheat ink; cut out the word in a rectangle shape; lightly spray with Antique Linen spray stain; adhere to card with double sided tape


Look at those layers of dimension!  This was such an easy, yet very classic, card to make.  I love the way that it turned out!

Project 2




The second way that I used the vintage Santa stamp was in making this vintage curio box.  This curio box may be used as a decoration and may also be used as a card if you put a blank piece of card stock on the back of it.  


I love that it’s multi-purpose.  It can also hold a gift card on the back if you make a slot for one or put a pocket back there!


Here’s what I used to make it:
  • Vintage Santa holding toys Holiday Art Rubber Stamp
  • Sizzix Thinlits Curio Box Bigz Die by Tim Holtz
  • Carta Bella Wood Grain Paper
  • Recollections Holiday Paper
  • Chipboard - 1 8.5”x11” piece
  • Cream card stock
  • Gold card stock
  • Concord & 9th Cranberry Premium Dye Ink
  • Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Antique Linen & Vintage Photo
I made a video to show how I made the curio box.  You may see it on my YouTube channel.

I hope that you enjoyed learning more about the versatility of this amazing stamp from Blank Page Muse and my creative process in using it!

Thanks for spending some time with me today on Paper Play.  Until next time . . . be well!

1 comment:

  1. These are amazing and love your designs of both cards Walter, great way also to creat them into a shaker card x

    ReplyDelete

AECP Level 3 - Runway Inspired Card Making

Hey there, crafting friends! Thanks for stopping by Paper Play today.  This post officially kicks off level 3 of AECP for me.  I have five c...