Friday, November 10, 2023

BPM/IBFS: No Place like Gnome in the Fall

Welcome back to Paper Play, friends!

Autumn is my favorite time of the year.  The smell of leaves in the air, cool crisp days, the gorgeous colors, and lots of pumpkins everywhere.  I think it’s especially nice here in New England, and I wish the season lasted longer!


Today’s card celebrates my favorite season with this gnome, Mr. Elderwillow, as the guardian of the pumpkins.  I used the following products to create it:

It was a very simple card to make:
  • Stamped, color, and fussy cut the gnome
  • Stenciled the pumpkins onto white card stock using all of the inks listed above; started with the lightest colors and worked my way up to the darkest.  Fussy cut the pumpkins, stacked them from largest to smallest, put double sided foam tape on the back to keep them together.
  • Stamped sentiment onto printed floral paper.
  • Put double sided foam tape onto back of gnome and adhere to floral card panel.
  • Adhered pumpkins to floal card panel.
  • Adhered floral card panel to orange card panel.
  • Adhered orange card panel to kraft card base.
  • Placed three orange gems onto card.
  • Cut a piece of the orange & white twine and tie around the top of the card.
The gnome’s beard sparkles thanks to white and gray glitter gel pens that I used in coloring him, and his hat band stands out due to a metallic green gel pen.


The pumpkins look great thanks to layering the colors while ink blending.


There truly is no place like gnome in the Fall!

I hope that you enjoyed todays’s post!  Until next time . . . be well!

1 comment:

  1. Fun fun card Walter and looks fabulous, great designing, not sure what apple cider is as we don't have it her or Thanksgiving xx

    ReplyDelete

BPM/IBFS Wild Berry Thanks

Hey there, crafty friends! I hope the month of May is going well for you!  I had alluded in my prior post that the project for this post wou...