Thursday, August 10, 2023

Blank Page Muse/I Brake for Stamps - Hummingbird Happiness

Hey there, crafty friends!

Today I’m excited to be sharing my first Blank Page Muse/I Brake for Stamps Creative Team post here on Paper Play.  I really like the beautiful rubber and clear stamps in their catalog and am proud to be on the team!




I loved this hummingbird stamp as soon as I saw it.  It’s so unique - the pattern of it reminded me of stained glass, so that’s what I ran with in my design.

I used the following items to create it:

Here’s how I made it:
  • Used the Fresh Leaf ink and an ink blending tool to add green at the bottom of an A2 sized card panel.
  • Used Iceberg ink and an ink blending tool to add blue the the remainder of card panel.
  • Positioned the Butterfly Trails stencil, taped it down with Post-It tape, and used the Eastern Sky ink and an ink blending tool to add some circular patterns.
  • Stamped the clouds onto the card panel using the Yeti white ink.
  • Stamped the flower onto the card panel using the black ink.
  • Stamped the leaves onto the catd panel using Almond Butter ink.
  • Colored the base part of the flower with green glitter pen, and then used a detail paint brush to color the flower with the Puffy Heart ink spray; used a yellow gel pen to add detail to inside of the flower; outlined the flower with the Sakura Glaze pen.
  • Used a detail paint brush to paint the leaves with the Copper Pops of Color.
  • Lightly brushed a small piece of white card stock with corn starch.  Corn starch acts like anti-static powder and makes it easier for excess embossing powder to fall away from the card.  I then stamped the hummingbird onto it with some clear embossing ink, sprinkled Midnight embossing powder over it , and heated it with my heat tool.
  • Used the metallic gel pens to color the hummingbird.  I decided to go with classic rainbow colors, but you can use whatever colors that you’d like.

  • Once all colored, I fussy cut it out, applied double sided foam tape to the back, and adhered it to my card panel.  I like the added dimension fro the foam tape.
  • Smooshed some Fresh Leaf ink onto my glass craft surface, spritzed it with water, and used a detail paint brush to add some grass
  • Adhered thee clear drip drops to the card.

The colors on the hummingbird, shimmer on the flower, and glitter on the leaves really stand out - especially when the light hits the card.  I also really like the extra element of the circular patterns in the sky, which the card a little whimsical touch.  You can’t help but smile when looking at it, and it is sure to make the recipient happy!




 


That wraps up this Paper Play post.  Until next time . . . be well!

Please visit the links below for more inspiration, creativity, and stamping fun:

I Brake For Stamps -https://ibrakeforstamps.com/ 

The Blank Page Muse- https://blankpagemuse.com/

FB Fan Page-  https://www.facebook.com/groups/blankpagemuse/

Instagram Shop-  https://www.instagram.com/blankpagemuse/

Instagram Blog-  https://www.instagram.com/blankpagemuseblog/

Twitter-  https://twitter.com/BlankPageMuse

Pintrest- https://www.pinterest.com/blankpagemuse/boards/

1 comment:

  1. Stunningly amazing and beautiful work Walter... love your little video and the use of gel pens, I often use mine too and love them. xx

    ReplyDelete

AECP Level 3 - Runway Inspired Card Making

Hey there, crafting friends! Thanks for stopping by Paper Play today.  This post officially kicks off level 3 of AECP for me.  I have five c...