Sunday, August 20, 2023

Blank Page Muse/I Brake for Stamps - Flamingo Love

Hello, friends!

Welcome back to Paper Play.  It’s hard to believe that Summer is in its last weeks.  I’m acutally okay with that since it means that the Fall, my favorite season, is just around the corner.  But . . . we’re not quite there yet.  I thought it would be fun to celebrate the remaining Summer weeks with some fun loving flamingos and florals and, luckily, Blank Page Muse has the perfect red rubber stamp set to make this happen.


My card, Flamingo Love, was made using the following items:

  • Flamingo Row Red Rubber Stamps
  • Sizzix Stacking Heart dies
  • Spellbinders Deckled Edge die
  • Versa Fine Nocturne Black Ink
  • Ohuhu Honolulu Alcohol Markers
  • Pastel Gel Pens
  • Altenew Pink Embellishments
  • Drip Drop clear drops
Here’s how I made it:
  • Stamped flowers randomly on 5”x7” pink card stock panel
  • Cut out heart shape from pink card panel with heart die
  • Figured out where I wanted my flamingos to show up in heart shape, aligned 5”x7” white card panel and stamp, and stamped my flamingos
  • Colored flamingos with alcohol markers and added some white highlightes with a gel pen
  • Colored my flowers with gel pens
  • Used double sided tape to adhered white card panel behind the pink one
  • Cut out a small sentiment tag with deckled edge die, ran a black marker around the edges of it, and then stamped the sentiment
  • Adhered sentiment tag to card with double sided foam tape
  • Added pink embellishments and drip drops
  • Adhered ccompleted card panel to 5”x7” card base with double sided tape


A super simple card to make - yet also very pretty.  I love the look of the pastel flowers colored with gel pens against the colored card stock.  And these flamingos are just too cute and I really like the shape of the heart made between their beaks.

Want to save 15% off your purchase at Blank Page Muse or I Brake for Stamps?  Use my discount code,  BPMWalter, to save!

I hope that you enjoy my creation and yoir last days of Summer!

Until next time . . . be well!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful flamingo stamp, and amazing stunning little card. Love these pretty colours and fabulous sentiment .... always a wow factor xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! Love this card and cute stamping! Thanks so much Walter! ~kim

    ReplyDelete

AECP Level 3 - Runway Inspired Card Making

Hey there, crafting friends! Thanks for stopping by Paper Play today.  This post officially kicks off level 3 of AECP for me.  I have five c...